Our largest parent-led STEM program at Runnymede is The Amazing Math Race – a half-day, hands-on math activity for students in grades 1 – 4. The Amazing Math Race runs during the school day in the last half of June.
As a Grade Lead, you’d be working with 1 or 2 other parents to:
- Ensure all materials are ready for your grade
- Help recruit parents to lead individual challenges at the event
- Liaise with teachers
- Be onsite the day of the event to ensure things run smoothly
Being a Grade Lead is a great opportunity to help students engage in FUN math. It’s also a chance to connect with a great group of parents, as well as teachers across French and English programs.
If you’d like to help out as a Grade Lead for the 2017-2018 Amazing Math Race, please email runnymedeSTEMcommittee@gmail.com with:
- Your Name:
- Your Child(ren)’s Grade(s):
- Your Child(ren)’s Teacher(s):
- Your preferred grade to help with (if applicable):
If you’re unable to help as a Grade Lead but would like to assist with STEM initiatives, please let us know. New committee members and ideas are always welcome!