In case you missed our letters home or our email, here’s your friendly reminder that our annual fundraising campaign is on and we are counting on your support.
We have already raised over $7,000. Thank you to those of you who have already contributed – we are grateful for your enthusiastic support of this simplified and direct fundraising approach!
If you haven’t yet made your annual $50 per-child donation (suggested), please do this by October 19th. You can either visit www.canadahelps.org to make a secure online donation to Runnymede School Council OR you can write a cheque, enclose it in the donation envelope sent home last week and drop the envelope at the school office or send it with your child to give to their teacher.
- Teachers to receive at least $300/year to enrich their classrooms via supplies, materials, equipment and/or in-class programs
- “Scientist in the School,” “Green Teacher,” and the “JK-3 Arts Enrichment” programs
- New technology purchases (computers and SMART boards)
- Maintenance and development of our outdoor learning spaces such as the Hillside Garden and Kinder-Garden
- Sports equipment for the phys-ed program and school sports teams
- Rainy day supplies for the lunchroom and recess equipment
- The Grade 4-8 drama, band, strings and senior arts programs
Runnymede School Council allocates fundraising dollars with the goal of benefitting the most children over the long-term. The next School Council meeting is scheduled for October 30, 2012 at 7:00 pm. All parents are always welcome so please plan on attending this meeting if you’d like a voice in the process of deciding where the fundraising dollars will be allocated.