Runnymede Public School was founded in 1916 as a modest four-room building.
Since then, it has expanded to thirty rooms and now accommodates approximately 1100 students from junior kindergarten to Grade 8. About half of our student population is enrolled in our Early French Immersion program, which begins in senior kindergarten.
One of the benefits of being such a large school is having the resources to offer many enriching opportunities for our students. Highlights include:
- A dual-language library and learning resource centre
- A full and varied arts program including vocal, band, strings, dance and drama
- Ontario EcoSchools program, helping students become environmentally responsible citizens
- Senior Student Parliament (grades seven and eight)
- A variety of student Clubs, such as Chess Club, Dance Club and Peacemakers
- School sports teams, which vary from year to year but have recently included touch football, track & field, soccer, basketball, volleyball, softball, hockey and cross-country, as well as house league teams to allow expanded participation.
We share space with a 12 month on-site child care program. For more information about before and after school care, see the Runnymede Adventure Club website.
Will your child be starting kindergarten this September? Check out our Starting Kindergarten section.