Perhaps the most direct way to impact your child’s school experience is to get involved in their class. Each child’s teacher will correspond directly with you about specific needs and philosophies — if you don’t hear from them, feel free to reach out directly — but here are some ways to get involved in your child’s class:
- Scholastic Book Orders: Teachers appreciate a parent taking care of processing Scholastic order forms and delivering books to families once they come in.
- School Trips: Teachers often need parent volunteers to attend school trips.
- Class Contact Lists: A class contact list can be really helpful (particularly in younger grades) for busy parents to facilitate playdates, birthday parties etc. so teachers may appreciate a parent taking ownership of this task.
- Sharing Expertise: Teachers appreciate offers to share special skills or talents that tie into classroom curriculum or special class activities (e.g. concerts).
Other volunteer opportunities are available in the school, including:
- Joining one of the Runnymede School Council Committees to help out, lead an event or Chair the team!
- Lost and Found: Kids lose a lot of stuff! and it takes some dedicated volunteers to sort through it all, put it out for claiming, and donate the remaining stuff to charity.
* Please note: Any school volunteer opportunities that involve working directly with children will require a police check. Please see below for more information about how to complete and verify your Police Check forms.
For parents who want to get more involved and are considering joining a committee, or want to get involved for individual events we ALWAYS NEED MORE VOLUNTEERS!!
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to ask how you can get involved!
POLICE CHECK INFORMATION
Runnymede Junior and Senior Public School values the tremendous contributions of our parent and community volunteers who give so much of their time and effort to make our school an amazing place for our students to learn. In order to promote and support volunteerism in all TDSB schools, while protecting the safety of students, it is important that regular volunteers (more than 3 times in a year or attending a school field trip) must have a current Police Record Check (within the last year).
If the current police check is from another organization (ex. Scouts, Church etc.) it is valid, but the original document must be presented to the main office. Please follow the steps below and understand that this process does take several weeks, so we thank you in advance for your patience.
Click here for the Police Reference Check Form
- The application must be printed on legal sized paper.
- Submit PRC application to Runnymede Public School with $20 Cash/Personal Cheque to Runnymede Junior and Senior Public School.
- Certificate will be sent to applicant directly.
- Submit Certificate to Runnymede’s main office (this will be returned to applicant).
- Offence Declaration can be done yearly thereafter by visiting the school and completing the OD online (very quick process!).
- Those with previous clearance through any TDSB school can be added to the Runnymede list (please inform the main office).
- If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Ms. Roberts in the main office at 416-394-9055. Thank you for your continued partnership!
Police Reference Check information from the TDSB
CHEQUE REQUISITION / REIMBURSEMENT FORM
Use the Runnymede School Council Cheque Requisition form below to be reimbursed for any approved expenses you have paid for personally, when volunteering and organizing for your committee or event!
Please submit your receipts and the form to the Council Treasurer via the main office (message her to let her know it’s in the office and to cheque her mail slot!
Contact email@example.com if you have questions or need assistance!