What is Ward 7 All About?
Runnymede Public School is one of 22 schools in Ward 7 of the Toronto District School Board (TDSB). A publicly elected Trustee represents each Ward. The Trustee holds Ward Council meetings to share and discuss relevant topics and issues facing the TDSB. Each school elects 1-2 parent representatives to attend these meetings and report back to Runnymede School Council.
Runnymede’s Ward 7 Rep is Kathleen Hyatt. Get in touch any time about school issues of importance to you.
Join the Ward 7 Facebook group and stay in the know!!!
Our Trustee Robin Pilkey invites all Ward 7 parents to join the ward’s facebook group… TDSB Ward 7 Council
Fix Our Schools is a grassroots, non-partisan, parent-led campaign that is building a large network of citizens across the province asking for the same thing: safe, well-maintained schools that provide environments conducive to learning.
This campaign has engaged thousands of Ontario citizens already and has been successful in convincing the provincial government to bring annual funding for school repairs up to an industry-accepted standard of $1.4-B per year. However, there is still the $15-B repair backlog that has accumulated over the past 20 years to address … so we need your help!
The more people engaged in this campaign, the more collective power we have … so please sign up at www.fixourschools.ca to receive informative emails and ideas for action; or follow us on Facebook and/or Twitter!
Fix Our Schools makes political activism very easy!
Who is our Trustee and what does she do?
In October 2014, Ward 7 voters elected Robin Pilkey as our Trustee. In August, 2015, Robin was acclaimed as Chair of the TDSB.
Trustees govern the TDSB and serve as their Ward’s advocates for public education by:
- promoting student achievement and wellbeing
- playing a key role in setting the strategic direction of the TDSB
- ensuring local accountability for student success and wellbeing
- putting in place programs and policies that reflect the needs of students in their community
- working with the TDSB’s Director of Education to provide direction for the achievement of key goals and priorities
- ensuring the effective operation of the school board.
* Synopsis of information provided by Ontario Public School Board Association (OPSBA)