Parent Council is an excellent way for parents to get involved in their children’s education!
Every TDSB school has a Parent Council, made up of an elected committee of parents, staff and student representatives, and school administration. General membership includes all parents of children attending the school.
The council advises the principal and the Board on a variety of issues and activities relating to student achievement, curriculum goals and priorities, school budget priorities, school safety, renovation plans, after-school activities, and criteria for selection of new principals.
Everyone is welcome at all council meetings. Meeting and minutes for past meetings back to 2005 are available on our minutes page.
- Where Does the Money Go?: Visit our Where Does the Money Go page for our fundraising goals and budgets, and to find out where the money actually goes.
- Ward 7 Updates: Up to four elected council members represent our interests at Ward 7 meetings, bringing back updates and actions for us to discuss.
- Get Involved: Whether or not you attend the main council meetings, there are lots of ways to volunteer your time, primarily through one of our vibrant committees. You are welcome — and encouraged! — to join at any time of year and contribute whatever you can.
- Council Executive and Parent Membership: As a Runnymede parent, you are automatically a member of the school council. Officer positions are elected each year at the September meeting, but to become a voting council member, you simply have to attend the Annual General Meeting in September and put your name down.
- Runnymede Public School Constitution
- TDSB Runnymede website
Will your child be starting kindergarten this September? Check out our Starting Kindergarten section.