Since 2010, Runnymede Public School Council has been taking a direct and simplified approach to fundraising, asking families to donate $50 per child each year rather than contribute to a variety of fundraisers throughout the year.
The response has been overwhelmingly positive and last year we raised over $35,000.
Our goal is to raise $35,000 again this year by October 24, 2014.
The easiest way to make your $50 per child annual donation is online.
A donation envelope is being sent home soon so you may also choose to make your $50 per child annual donation by writing a cheque and sending it back in the donation envelope.
Here are some of the ways your donation supports your child’s education at Runnymede:
- Your child’s teacher receives at least $300 per year to enrich their classrooms by purchasing supplies, materials, equipment and/or in-class programs.
- Your child receives enrichment programs such as Green Teacher, Arts Enrichment and Scientist in the School.
- Your child has the opportunity to use some of the latest technology through the purchase of tablets such as iPads; and SMART Boards.
- Your child has the opportunity to utilize the Hillside Garden, a well-maintained outdoor learning space. Our gardens are the envy of the TDSB!
- Your child will benefit from the purchase of recess equipment, sports equipment for Phys-Ed programs and the subsidization of sport teams.
- Your child will receive continued enrichment from our excellent Drama, Band and Strings programs.
All funds raised will be used in the current academic year. Come out to the Parent Council meeting on October 29 at 7pm in the school library to participate in the discussion on the use of the funds raised. We thank you in advance for your generous donation.
Leslie Parmar-Robbins, Audrey Robinson & Karen Viswanathan
Co-Chairs, Spirit Committee