Check out the Centennial Playground plan diagrams (in 2 & 3D!) The plan incorporates leading-edge playground design with many different types of active play zones that will benefit the varying ages of students and the different modes of play.
The active play zones for the overall front yard include:
- An “Active Zone” that is provided by the artificial turf field/track installed by the TDSB*. The area provides space for soccer, baseball, running, cartwheels and more
- A “Climbing Zone” with three Parkour-style playground climbing structures
- A “Basketball Zone” with a brightly painted full basketball court and an additional practice court for a total of three hoops
- A “Wall-ball Zone” with bright targets painted on a building wall where kids can practice their throwing and catching skills
- A “Games Zone” that includes two triple hoop games and a variety of brightly painted schoolyard games; four square, tic-tac-toe, hopscotch and a 100 chart
- A “Fun Trail” of painted circles that lead children throughout the entire new playground space
- “Quiet Zones” within the Centennial Grove of trees with a picnic table and seating boulders with engraved game boards, along with added benches for seating including a Buddy Bench.The plan incorporates leading-edge playground design with many different types of active play zones that will benefit the varying ages of students and the different modes of play that our kids have.
Click here to donate now via Canada Helps. Donate to help put our Centennial Playground plans into action by Summer 2016. Invest in your children, your school, your community and play!
* The artificial turf/track area was paid for by TDSB and the Centennial Playground area is being paid for via fundraising.