Many things were put on hold at Runnymede during Covid, including School Council’s direct donation campaign. Instead, Council used carried over funding (and some incredible volunteers); to support the teachers and staff (in-person and virtually), run the outdoor Green Teacher programming, and maintain Runnymede’s amazing outdoor play and education spaces.
Things are yet not back to normal, but School Council has planned many COVID protocol approved programs and resource supports to enrich every student’s school experience and most importantly, make this year lots of fun!
Now, we need your help to make this a reality.
What it means for your child this year:
- $500 per class for extra in-class resources and enrichment programs (TRF),
- Outdoor art experience taught by a professional artist,
- Specialized Green Teacher classes in the Hillside Garden,
- Recess equipment to make outdoor play time more fun,
- Professional in-class hands-on STEM programs,
- In-class STEM teaching resources,
- Support for in-class technology needs, such as laptops, iPads, chargers, etc.
- Support for Runnymede’s performing arts: music, drama, and dance,
- Yard enhancements for outdoor learning,
- Materials and instruction to create a permanent art installation on the Runnymede fence.
Every dollar counts. Please contribute to your child’s enhanced classroom resources and enrichment programs by donating whatever amount feels comfortable for your family here (RUNNYMEDE PUBLIC SCHOOL COUNCIL). Runnymede Public School Council is a registered charity so you will receive a tax receipt for your donation amount.
For more detail on the budget and programs for this year: